Thursday, November 1, 2012

Doggie Stylz Interview

Marietta Aquila is the owner of  Doggie Stylz and she has agreed to answer some questions for us.

1) How did you come up with the name to your shop?
     I posted on my Facebook that I needed a name and one of my friends came up with it :)

2) What was the first thing that you created & sold that made you think- Wow- I CAN do this?
     A dog collar

3) Who or What started you on this path?
    My puppy and my daughter. We rescued a puppy and couldn't find a cute collar for her. My oldest was a competitive figure skater and I made all her competition dresses among other things like Christmas dresses and Halloween costumes and little outfits when my girls were little. My daughter said to me, Mom, why don't you just make one? So I did and got a ton of compliments and started selling them.

4)What is the Favorite tool of your trade and why?
   My sewing machine...I just love to sew

5) What is your best advice or tip to give another vendor?
   Listen to your customers

6) Are you doing any craft shows this year? Where can others find you?
      Maybe two...one for sure on November 3 at Depew High School

7) What is your favorite item in your shop and why?
     That's hard to say, but I really like this one

                                           Custom Dog Collar in Peace Signs Fabric

Here is what I found in her shop...


  This caught my eye-- a hair bow... super cute. ( I know when I try to make something like this-- I am all thumbs.. good to know Maria is there to make them!)

                                            
                                          Custom Dog Collar in Wild Tiger Stripe Fabric

Something about this Tiger Stripe called to me. I really like the colors. Wouldn't it look great against the fur of almost any color of dog?

8) Please tell us your links (ie facebook/twitter/web site etc).www.facebook.com/doggiestylzcollars
www.twitter.com/doggiestylzny
www.pinterest.com/doggiestylz

As Always-- Please go check out Maria's links and her etsy shop and like or favorite or whatever all her links.. we can all use the interaction with each other!

See ya, L

No comments:

Post a Comment