Thursday, October 25, 2012

Come and Meet Perfume House!

This Interview is with Michelle from Perfume House.


1) How did you come up with the name to your shop?
  I have changed my shop's name from TheLakeMaiden to PerfumeHouse so I may be able to focus and express my love for crafting bespoke and niche perfumes inspired by old-world and ancient recipes.

2) What was the first thing that you created & sold that made you think- Wow- I CAN do this?
- My Angel Face Cream with Sea Buckthorn Berry oil. At the time when I first sold the cream it was plainly called my "Anti-Aging, Anti-Acne" cream. I thought it fitting to give it a name since it seemed to have helped the skin of my customers as well as family and friends.

3) Who or What started you on this path?
- When my daughter was suffering with early childhood acne. This led me to further my research on ingredients, which when combined with my own personal love for all-natural skin care, started the mission to create skin care that would help my daughter, who is now 15 and the clearest she has ever been.

4) What is the Favorite tool of your trade and why?
- Time. When I have time, I use it to research, create, try the items, ask the opinions of my products on family and friends. Yes, it would definitely be time.

5) What is your best advice or tip to give another vendor?
- I created my shop due to the love of my daughter as well as the love for all-natural ingredients. When opening a shop, think of why you are opening a shop. If you are there to make money, then market research and a realistic business plan is key. When you are opening a shop at a hobby-pace, still have a business plan but be prepared if your business takes off and how you would expand.

6) Are you doing any craft shows this year? Where can others find you?
- Right now I am just on Etsy. I would love to branch out to craft shows and more, but the cost (at least for now) of acquiring a vendor's table at some of these events are little pricey at my business pace.

7) What is your favorite item in your shop and why?

- Well I have two. The Angel Face cream that I use as well as my daughter



 and my Maiden's Beauty Mix Grains that I blend with honey for scrubbing and then as a mask.


       

A Couple of my Favorite items are:

       Lavender Bud Soap - Lavender Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil and Dried Lavender Buds - 2.5 oz

( I like the combo of the scents)


And this:
  
Whipped Body Butter - Lemon Olive and Honey with Seabuckthorn Berry Oil

(And this just looks wonderful to me!)

8) Please tell us your links (ie facebook/twitter/web site etc).
    http://twitter.com/PerfumeArtist

Hope this helps and thank you again!
Michelle
 (and Thank You Michelle... your shop looks great & I love the New Name!)

1 comment: