Wednesday, April 3, 2013

serenitylane Interview

Our next Interview is with serenitylane

1) How did you come up with the name to your shop?
Many people have asked me how I came up with the name - Serenity Lane, and the significance of the pink Gerber daisy.
I started Serenity Lane officially July 1, 2011, but the idea had always been in my head. We used to live on a road called Serenity Lane, and I always thought that was such a quaint and cute name. I've always loved to craft, but while living in that house, my love for rubber stamps began.
The pink Gerber daisy has a special meaning for me. In the spring of 2010 I was asked to lead a women's spiritual life retreat. The theme I choose was "No One Can Take Away Your Joy". In doing research for the retreat, I learned that the Gerber daisy symbolizes cheerfulness and joy, and the color pink symbolizes - in the Christian sense, joy and happiness. I adopted these symbols and used them in the retreat. My mom went on this retreat with me, and a week after the retreat she got very ill. She spent 2 months in and out of ICU, and we were told her disease - Scleroderma, was finally going to win her almost 30 year battle. My mom passed away 6 months later. The pink Gerber daisy symbolizes many things for me - the joy and happiness crafting brings me, and a special way to remember my mom, and knowing she would love that I've stepped out and started this new adventure.

2) What was the first thing that you created & sold that made you think- Wow- I CAN do this?
I love to make handmade cards – I actually don’t have many in my shop right now, but I’m working on that ;) . People would tell me all the time that people would buy them, and then one day a woman asked me to make her a few, and she PAID me for them. I was so excited!
3) Who or What started you on this path?

I have been rubber stamping for years and get together a lot with other friends and family members to stamp and craft for fun.
4)What is the Favorite tool of your trade and why?
I’d be nowhere without my stamps and ink pads and papers! :)
5) What is your best advice or tip to give another vendor?
Best advice I could give is never give up on a dream, do what you love, and challenge yourself.
6) Are you doing any craft shows this year? or are you selling in any co-ops or shops?

I’m in the process of lining up show for the year, and I’m looking into getting into a couple of shops!

7) Please pick the fave thing in your shop.. and provide the link to it.. and tell why you like it best.

coasters-rustic-natural-stone-tumbled    $21.00
This set of coasters, and a few others caught the attention of many last spring when I had a great opportunity to be on ABC’s The Chew. What an exciting adventure that was. There are photos and video, and the whole story on my blog if you’d like to learn more!
8) Lots of things that I like in the shop too...Love the coasters.. but to be different.. there are some very cute cards too!

baby-card-onsie-green-and-blue-plaid   $3.75


9) Please provide your links
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/serenitylane
Blog: serenitylanedesigns.blogspot.com/
FB: www.facebook.com/SerLaneDes
Twitter: twitter.com/SerLaneDes
Pinterest: pinterest.com/serlanedes/

Thanks, Diane.. I am sure your mom is watching over you with pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment