Saturday, October 6, 2012

Cards by The Blue Rose Interview

Next in line with Interviews is Laura Pilieros and her shop  CardsbyTheBlueRose

1) How did you come up with the name to your shop?
 The Blue Rose symbolizes my husband and I. When we were dating he told me the story. He said it came from an old movie called, "The Thief of Baghdad." The hero, in order to save his beloved princess, must find the mythical Blue Rose. He goes through all types of trials and tribulations, finds the rose, but then it gets smashed. He gives the princess a white rose instead, and it turns blue because of his deep love for her. He gave me a blue rose when we were married 20 years ago.  Romantic, no?!

 2) What was the first thing that you created & sold that made you think- Wow- I CAN do this?

 I can't remember exactly the first thing I sold, but people kept commenting on how beautiful my cards were. My kids are teenagers now and I was looking for something to do , that would also earn me a little money, (I've always been crafty) so I thought, "why not?"

3) Who or What started you on this path?

 I started making cards because of a friend who is a Stampin' Up demonstrator. I had so much fun at one of her classes that I joined her monthly stamp club.
4)What is the Favorite tool of your trade and why?

 My favorite tool would probably be my Cuttlebug...I have used that machine probably a gazillion times, lol! I think my right arm is more muscular because of all the cranking I do.
5) What is your best advice or tip to give another vendor?

 My best advice to give to another vendor would be...don't give up! I haven't yet made sale on Etsy (I joined in June), but I remain positive that I will make sales eventually. I believe in what I do.
6) Are you doing any craft shows this year? Where can others find you?

I have done a few craft shows locally this year. My favorite small show was the Oxford Veterans Home Craft Show; my favorite larger show is Colorscape Chenango! To me, it's always about the people I meet at these events and the interesting types of crafts I encounter.
7) What is your favorite item in your shop and why?

 My favorite item in my shop is my "Woman of the World Card" (LP-219). I love the vibrant colors and contrasts, and that Art Deco woman that adorns the cover.

 
 
** Here are a couple things that I like from her shop:
 
 
 
I like how pretty and simple these are. Everyone can use a gift pack of cards to have on hand!
 
 
 
These are so pretty.
 
8) Please tell us your links (ie facebook/twitter/web site etc).
 My links: www.facebook.com/TheBlueRoseEarlvilleNY. Someday, I will have a website!

Thank You..Laura...Good Luck with your sales!

(make sure you follow her too!)

Later, L

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the opportunity! I enjoyed reading my interview and appreciate the exposure for my shop :)) I'm very excited to be part of the CNY Etsy Team!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete